I am just a guy getting bored with the everyday life of going to office and slogging 14 hrs for telecom products which i never use.To keep things a bit more interesting, I do some other stuff as well like reading a lot,long drives, a little bit of amateur photography,the last one is slowly eating into me , and takes up most of the time I can spare, so this blog although started out as random jottings has turned into a phot blog :)

Saturday, October 14, 2006

why blog ?

Good thing about writing is , it makes you remember exactly how you were , and how you felt , when you wrote that stuff. I was seeing a Hindi movie the other day, and one of the characters said that an average person does not remember more than 30/40 memorable days in his/her life. That's all it boils down to - 3o or 40 memorable occasions in a lifetime. I was thinking of this, when I read what I had written about Calcutta(my home town) during my stint of six months there,

"it's really getting hot in here , if you go out in the afternoon , you can see the asphalt melt , and the road shimmering like a mirage from a distance , and you can see the traffic police wiping his sweat on a busy jumction , a lonely salesman with his wares moving down the street .

Evening journey from office to home is a mad rush through the E.M Bypass at high speeds , through chaotic traffic , with the CD player playing away , and then a second gear trudge through the crowded South Calcutta Streets . This is my hometown , a city which I love to hate :) Calcutta takes the cake in every way , you can love it , you can hate it , you can never ever ignore it ... "

it made me remember my time vividly there , so here's my hypothesis , blogging/writing down your thoughts does not change the road you have taken , it just makes the milestones more memorable :), what do you think ?

3 comments:

Prasenjit said...

Sayan, well said. I will add a further dimension by saying that we blog becuase we want to let people know what we feel, we want to share out thoughts on a subject and want people to share their's.

Bishu said...

No newer milestones reached I guess so no new post either :)
Waiting for the next post.

Minal said...

Agree completely!